Thursday, April 30, 2009

Boosting my system


This has been a rather rough month.
In addition to training and working to raise the last dollars to meet our fundraising goal, I have been sick almost all of April.
It started with an infection in my wisdom teeth, which soon led to a nasty cold that prevented my teeth from immediately coming out. Finally, I had four teeth pulled and for the last week and half have worked to recover from that surgery.
But then, on Tuesday while traveling in Denver, I woke up in the middle of the night sick, again. This time it was food poisoning and I ended up having to cancel my flight home and instead head to the emergency room.
After several bags of IV's to rehydrate me, the doctor sent me on my way. A long sleep ensured that I could make it onto the plane to get home to Phoenix yesterday.
At least today I feel so much better.
But I have to make sure my body is in the best shape possible for the hike next week. And that's why I've been downing these guys pictured above to get my immune system as healthy as possible. They are packets that are packed with Vitamin C and I'm sure they will help tremendously.
I'm also getting tons of sleep, eating lots of soup and planning to get back out on the trails this Saturday.
And for the record, because it's the first thing everyone wants to know, I do not have swine flu - whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment