Monday, April 27, 2009

It's snowing in Denver


Yesterday I flew into Denver, Colo. for the 2009 Society of American Business Journalism and Editor's Conference. I was hoping that I'd get a chance to hike while I was here, even though it's a quick work trip and I'll be back in Phoenix on Tuesday.
I knew that hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park was not possible, but still, I had hope for hitting at least one trail, even if it was urban.
Then I woke up this morning and it was snowing. I had to blink several times to make sure I wasn't imagining the little white flakes falling from the sky. After all, I do live in Phoenix.
But it was indeed real. It was snowing in April.
I'm no long worried about hiking. It's obvious snow took that option off the table.
Now I'm nervous about the fact that I have short-sleeve shirts and a little spring jacket. Oh, and high heels that don't really qualify as winter shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment