Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Holy soreness, Batman

I thought the majority of the soreness would pass by today. Nope.
I woke up this morning, swung my legs over the side the bed and for the second straight day, hobbled across the room like an elderly man.
I consider myself to be in pretty good shape. But apparently Sunday's 8-mile hike at South Mountain was a bit harder than my body was prepared to handle.
Note the way the trail goes straight UP. This is what the first three miles were like:



The weird part is which muscles are sore: the shin and calf of my right leg, and the thigh of my left leg. Please explain to me how this is possible.
Mike thinks I must have favored one leg as I descended the mountain. Or maybe I typically favor one set of muscles, so the opposite muscles were overextended. I don't know.
What I DO know is that this has really slowed me down. It takes me twice as long to get to the water cooler at work. I grunt when I stand up (no matter how hard I try not to). When I crouched down to get pickles from the bottom shelf at the grocery store, Mike had to pull me back up.
It's not pretty.
I'll be back to normal by tomorrow, right?

1 comment:

  1. See, I'm picturing you walking on the trails like Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects. That would explain your new limpy gait.

    ReplyDelete